The ANSTT will be a 4 ½ day workshop to be held at iThemba LABS, Cape Town to discuss current techniques in digital signal processing for gamma and neutron spectroscopy and develop future collaborations between nuclear physicists.
Topics to be discussed include:
• Development of digital data acquisition and pulse shape analysis techniques
• Techniques for lifetime measurements using LaBr3(Ce) detectors
• Techniques for neutron/gamma discrimination
• Environmental measurements, metrology and applications
• Collaborations, UK-Africa, inter-Africa
• Future experimental programmes at iThemba, FAIR
• New and future detectors and arrays
There will be ample opportunity for informal discussions and abstracts for presentations on any of the above topics are welcome. Deadline for submission through the website is 12th January 2018.
There may be a small workshop fee to cover social activities but we are actively seeking sponsorship and will confirm details soonest. It is expected that the fee will be a maximum of ZAR 2 000.00.
For enquiries or further information, contact Naomi Haasbroek, Workshop Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.
iThemba LABS exterior