The ANSTT will be a 4 ½ day workshop to be held at iThemba LABS, Cape Town to discuss current techniques in digital signal processing for gamma and neutron spectroscopy and develop future collaborations between nuclear physicists in the UK, the south, west and east of Africa.
The workshop will be funded by the Science & Technology Facilities Council (STFC), UK and organised under the auspices of the University of Brighton in collaboration with iThemba LABS.
Topics to be discussed include:
• Development of digital data acquisition and pulse shape analysis techniques
• Techniques for lifetime measurements using LaBr3(Ce) detectors
• Techniques for neutron/gamma discrimination
• Environmental measurements, metrology and applications
• Collaborations, UK-Africa, inter-Africa
• Future experimental programmes at iThemba, FAIR
• New and future detectors and arrays
There will be ample opportunity for informal discussions and abstracts for presentations on any of the above topics are welcome. Deadline for submission through the website is 12th January 2018.
There may be a small workshop fee to cover social activities but we are actively seeking sponsorship and will confirm details soonest.