Approved videos from invited talks can now be seen on the CNNP2020 YouTube channel
The international Conference on Neutrino and Nuclear Physics 2020 (CNNP2020) will be held at the Arabella Hotel and Spa in the Kogelberg Biosphere near Cape Town (South Africa) from 24-28 February 2020 and will be hosted by iThemba LABS. The Kogelberg Biosphere is internationally famed for its natural beauty and biodiversity, and is within an hour's drive from Cape Town.
The main objective of the Conference on Neutrino and Nuclear Physics is to promote collaboration between scientists from the fields of nuclear, neutrino, astro and dark-matter physics, and to create an environment where experiments and theories in which nuclear physics aspects are particularly relevant can be discussed.
A preliminary list of the topics to be discussed during the conference include:
- Nuclear double beta decays
- Nuclear structure in connection with neutrino physics
- Nuclear reactions as probes for weak decays
- Neutrino-nucleus interaction at low and high energies
- Supernova models and detection of supernova neutrinos
- Solar models and detection of solar neutrinos
- Direct and indirect dark-matter searches
- Rare beta decays of nuclei for measurements of neutrino-mass
- Neutrino oscillations and matter effects
- Anomalies in reactor neutrinos
- New detection technologies related to the field
The very successful inaugural CNNP2017 conference was held in Catania in October 2017. CNNP2020 will be the second conference in the series and aims to build upon the foundation of CNNP2017 to bring together people working at the intersections of different fields to exchange ideas and results.